It seems obvious, if you think about it, that getting into shape and exercising daily could improve more than just your health. It could be just what you need to excel at your job, too. Especially in sales, being healthy and active is so important.
Here are 3 reasons why getting in shape can improve sales:
- When you exercise, and get in shape, you have more energy.
- Exercise, even if it’s only 20 minutes a day, keeps you active, helps build endurance, increases muscle mass, and makes you feel stronger. People who exercise sleep less at night. They only sleep 6-8 hours a night instead of 8-10 hours. They also feel more rested and rejuvenated after sleep. Sales is a tricky field to be in, you have to quick and sharp in conversation, so if you don’t get a good sleep, those sales invoices won’t stack up.
- Exercise and getting in shape does wonders for self-confidence.
- When you consistently exercise, you feel good about your appearance. Your body gets physically stronger and more toned. Exercise also releases serotonin which is a mood improver. So you’ll look better and feel better. This is so important in sales where you’re in front of clients all day. If you’re not confident you could sell yourself then selling artwork will prove difficult.
- Exercise and getting in shape gets your heart rate going, it improves blood flow, and it sharpens your mind.
- This helps you sort of your day and prioritize better. You’ll work harder and smarter. As a sales consultant, you’ll be able to delegate tasks more efficiently, come up with new ideas for projects, and work smarter on closing sales.
So if you haven’t started running or hitting the gym yet, consider doing so today!